This tutorial uses the Sphinx4 Java Api. Much of the content on this tutorial is taken/borrowed from http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/sphinx4/
- JDK installed your development computer and BBB or similar target board.
- Eclipse installed on your development PC
- Microphone for both the PC and BBB
Step 1: Download Sphinx 4
Download both the src and bin files from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cmusphinx/files/sphinx4/
Step 2: Development on Eclipse
A quick demo by Hitesh Parmar can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeqtLrcOogs
- Generate JSAP.jar
- Start a new Eclipse Project
- Include necessary libraries into buildpath
Step 3: Testing on the BBB
Make sure you have a way to plug in a mic into the BBB. I used an external USB audio device from amazon.